"The car must be stationary.
Hold down the defrost button on the center console for 15 seconds.
The symbol in the upper left corner changes, indicating that reset is in progress (empty triangle with x)
The reset is now in progress.
After about 30 seconds you will also notice that the SOS buttons on the car’s roof flash red. This is part of an internal control of the Telematic device
When the SOS button stops flashing, the Telematic unit connects to the network.
After another 15-20 seconds, you should now see LTE in the corner"
front demist button:
"I managed to talk to Polestar today. The TCAM reset method many have used (just holding the demist button down) never worked for me, but this new method did.
P* CS talked me through the steps in real time.
I was told this is the way that always works and should be used to ensure the TCAM not only reboots but also pulls across the TCAM module update properly from the last major OTA software update. Once reset and updated that way the CS rep said they believe this new update will provide a reliable long term fix.
1. Stop the car. Make sure in park.
2. Hold HOME button on main screen until it does a reset of the infotainment system.
3. Immediately after the reboot has finished, hold down the front window demist button (the one next to the play/pause button with a curved windscreen shape … in a right hand drive car this is to the left of play/pause) for at least 15 seconds.
4. Note: I was counting slowly and got to 30 seconds without an SOS light flashing, before the CS person said to me that’s enough, let go.
5. Wait patiently a few seconds and hey presto the SoS started flashing. Note it did not start flashing until I had release the button and waited a while.
6. Once flashing stops, after about another 10-15s the 4G/LTE display started changing. For me it flickered from 4G to LTE, then the empty strength signal changed to full, and then the ‘x’ disappeared and I had full connectivity.
Doing the TCAM update immediately after the infotainment reset is key. For others maybe the SoS will start flashing while holding the button, in which case then let go of the button, but for me it would not start flashing until I let go. I was told a minimum of 15s should be enough but I held it for about 30.
It has been stable since, so far."
zuerst reset infotainment und direkt anschließend reset über Defrostertaste, mindestens 15 Sekunden gedrückt halten. Danach loslassen. Nach wenigen Sekunden beginnt dann die SOS-Taste zu blinken. Nach weiteren ca. 15 Sekunden hört das Blinken auf und die LTE-Verbindung baut sich auf.
Viel Glück den Betroffenen